Reflections Arts Program
PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2019-2020 theme: Look Within.
Students may choose one or all of the available arts categories:
The arts—and the National PTA Reflections program—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
2019-2020 Reflections Contest
Each year, the National PTA Reflections program offers local, regional, state and national opportunities for young artists in PreK through Grade 12 to be recognized for their creativity.
Look Within will be featured as the 2019-2020 Reflections theme (theme search winner: Enashele Campbell, a Kindergartener from H. Guy Child Elementary PTA in Ogden, Utah).
- Primary: Preschool – Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
Students should download the Program Rules to ensure their art meets the requirements for each art category. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed Student Entry Form.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submissions are considered for local, regional, state and national level awards and prizes. Learn more about state-level and national-level awards and events.
Visit the 2018-2019 Reflections Gallery to see examples of entries from last year.
Reflections Program Timeline
Student Entry Deadline at the Local level: All entries must be turned in to the office by October 16, 2019.
Advancing Entry Deadline at the Council/Regional level: Due Date for Allen ISD Reflections Submissions to Allen ISD Council of PTAs is TBD.
Advancing Entries to Texas PTA: Entries advancing to Texas PTA from the Council or Regional Coordinators must be received by 5:00 pm on January 15th. If the 15th falls on a weekend or a federal holiday, the acceptance date will extend to the following business day.
Advancing Entries to National PTA: Texas PTA advances selected entries no later than March 1.
2019-2020 Reflections Call for Entries
2020-21 Reflections Theme Search Contest
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!
The Reflections theme changes every year, and we need your students’ suggestions! Each state selects five student theme suggestions to advance to national-level judging. National PTA then selects one exceptional theme to inspire creativity for the following year’s PTA Reflections program. The student winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention!
There is no limit to how many different themes you can enter. When suggesting a theme, these are the items that judges take into consideration:
- Theme is unique, inspiring and unlike past program themes.
- Theme is focused without being too narrow or too broad.
- Theme is clear, concise and appropriate for all grade levels.
- Theme is applicable to all arts categories.
- Theme promotes PTA values.
- Theme is relevant in 2 years.
- Past themes and duplicate entries are not considered.
Reflections Theme Search Entry Form – Deadline for submittal is November 5, 2019
Reflections Theme Search Flyer
Questions?? Contact our VP of Programs: Jaclyn Mispagel firstname.lastname@example.org